Ask an expert

17 Mar 2003

please help - scared and worried
Hi doc
I am in such a state becaue I have no idea what is wrong with me - I have never had unprotected sex and have one partner - but In late December I noticed this hard growth on my vagina (like a small short line it is about 3mm long nad is light yellow in colour) just below my pee hole - it is not painful or anything - it does not itch or anything it's just there and my boyfriend noticed it when he went down on me - he is now convinced that I have had an affair or that I am cheating on him. Which I swear I am not. But this thing just appeared. When I went on anti biotics for the flu it went away but now it is back - it feels weird becuse it is so small yet so hard in such a soft area of my anatomy. Should I go see a doctor? I am worried and it is starting to irritate me so much that I tried to scratch it off but I just hurt myslef and this thing is not going away at all. Is there a soap or something I could use.
Answer 307 views

01 Jan 0001

You would need to see a doctor to have a diagnosis made. It could be a wart or a little polyp or other form of growth. These are not necessarily related to sexual activity, but it is unlikely that a cream or soap will get rid of it.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9468 votes
68% - 20241 votes