Ask an expert

08 Apr 2003

ploycystic overies...what to do??

i was having irregular periods since the begining and after i got married went to gynae and she told me that either we can operate them (drill) if u wish to get pragnent straight away or u can take to medication and all will be well. my medication will regulate my periods and as a result the regulation will give me chance to get pragnent later on.i have taken 3 months medication of oral pills and my periods seem to come normal.........please advise, i still am not satisfied with what the gynae says........! please mail me at my yahoo account, i'm anxiously waiting ur reply
Answer 302 views

01 Jan 0001

Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is there for life. If you are having difficulty falling pregnant because you are not ovulating, there are drugs like Clomid which can be used to induce ovulation. This should be done under careful supervision from your gynaecologist.
I cannot respond to private e-mails from this site.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.