Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
26 May 2004
Pregnancy and spotting / bleeding.
I found out i was pregnant and my count was 10. Three days after i found out, i started to get brown spotting and it continued for 2 days. I went for my second blood test and the count was 38. But after that it got worse and the colour changed from brown to red. Almost like a period and i had some cramps, but not very bad. Today is my 8th day and it's not getting any better. I'm concerned that i had a miscarriage. The doctor said there's nothing they can do - it's to early in my pregnancy.
It does sound like a pregnancy complication, either a missed abortion or an ectopic pregnancy, but your HCG levels have increased, so it is possible that it is just a very early pregnancy. You would need to repeat the blood test in a week and have a scan.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- OPINION | Pilgrimage in a pandemic: Lessons from Mecca on containing Covid-19
- WHO to restart Covid trial to test if three existing drugs can save lives of hospitalised patients
- Espresso, Americano, or decaf? Desire for a particular coffee driven by genetic code
- Magashule set to apologise, 'but with strings attached' - sources
- Mkhize's 3rd wave warning: 'He knows we will end up with trauma and suffering again'
- Steinhoff vows to 'vigorously defend' settlement proposal in wake of liquidation bid
- There is no basis 'to ask for a postponement of the elections' - IEC chair
- 20 years later: Pick n Pay’s failed retail pharmacy strategy
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20291 votes