Ask an expert

15 Mar 2010

Pregnant - Help needed
Hi Doc,

I found out on Thursday that I am pregnant when the doctor did a urine test. Afterwards I had to go for a blood test. I am still waiting for the results of the blood. The doctor says it will onyl be ready in this week.

When should I go to the gynae? What are the next steps, what should I eat? Is there anything to help with nausea? I really have no idea about anything and really need your help.
Answer 422 views

01 Jan 0001

Unless you have medical illnesses or have had problem pregnancis, you can go to the gynae cologist between 8 -10 weeks. Ginger tea and ginger biscuits often help with nausea. Other than alcohol and raw foods, you can eat most things.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.