Ask an expert

13 Jan 2006

Re Norplant removals
My 5 years of using Norplant are up and i am having trouble trying to find someone to remove them. I live in Gauteng, Kempton park, so would appreciate if you could help me in this, also as i have heard Norplant is now off the market, is there another form of birth control similar to it around?
thank you for your time
Answer 406 views

01 Jan 0001

Any gynaecologist should be able to do this. AN alternative to Norplant would be the Depo provera injection.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.