Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Mar 2003
Results of smear
I have been to my house doctor for a smear. The doctor phoned my yesterday saying that the smear had abnormal cells, which could be caused by infection. She wants to see me in 6 months time. Should I wait until then, or do you think I must rather go and see my Gynae.
You should have the infection treated and have the smear repeated in six months. If the abnormality was a precursor of cancer, I'm sure that your doctor would have told you this.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Espresso, Americano, or decaf? Desire for a particular coffee driven by genetic code
- Long Covid: How rehabilitation programmes may be needed to get patients back on track
- There is no basis 'to ask for a postponement of the elections' - IEC chair
- 20 years later: Pick n Pay’s failed retail pharmacy strategy
- Melanie Verwoerd | Eish! What is Ace up to?
- ANC to play 'leading role' in 60th anniversary of uMkhonto we Sizwe
- Bok midfield fulcrum Lukhanyo Am 'surprised' by some Lions tour squad selections
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20283 votes