Ask an expert

18 Jun 2004

Scared and in pain
I developed hernia during pregnancy in 2002. After delivery 2003 the pain subsided because i was on medication. A few months ago the pain started again and now it is so unbearable it even causes chest pain. When i swallow food or water it is so painful.

What is the treatment of this kind of hernia?
Answer 342 views

01 Jan 0001

I suggest you see a surgeon. Definitive treatment usually involves surgery.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.