Ask an expert

06 Apr 2004

small vagina
i am a very small woman down there, my boyfriend can get in, his finger is the only thing that can fit in there. although i am not a virgin, i have not had sex in about eight years, so i think i just got tighter and tighther. i have tried a vibrator, its painful to put it in, so i stopped. is there anything i can do to open my vagina up a little. i am also very small build, i don't know if small girls naturally have small vaginas. or if its just the way i am. my periods also last for 2 days only, i asked my doctor because i was worried about it, he said i probably have a small uterus. i am 33 and have no children. please help. the no sex aspect of the relationship is putting a strain on the relationship.
Answer 2,809 views

01 Jan 0001

While it is true that small people may be small overall, the vagina usually stretches quite a bit. It may be that the hymen has torn badly and therefore the entrance is narrow. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist to assess the situation.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.