Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Sep 2007
Dear Doc, i 'm pregnant for 18weeks and every time I go to my Gynae he just do scans and nothing else. I kept on asking him as to when will he do some testtoseeif the baby is healty his respond was its too early.
What can I do?
What can I do?
If you mean tests for Down's syndrome, there is a special scan which has to be done before 14 weeks, or a blood test at 16 weeks. The scan to check that all the structures of the baby look normal is done at 22 weeks.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
- REFLECTION | Covid-19: How the basic education dept weathered the Covid-19 storm
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19408 votes