Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Jan 2006
Thrush transfered to husband?
I recently learnt in an ante natal class that thrush can be passed to a partner. My husband has not been circumcised and has for a number of months had a redness under his forskin. A thin layer of skin rubs off daily, despite him being very hygeinic. Could I have passed thrush onto him? And, if so, how can he get rid of it?
It is possible. He could use Canesten cream.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Prof Shabir Madhi 'mortified' at decision on AstraZeneca vaccine, says it might expire
- Splitting up the pot: Steinhoff offers 5.5% payout to market purchase claimants to settle
- Glencore 'used relationship' with Ramaphosa to 'extort' Eskom, former CEO Brian Molefe claims
- Meet SA's youngest doctor, Thakgalo Thibela, 21
- Karyn Maughan | 'Our hands are tied' - JSC after calls for Hlophe's suspension over Bongo acquittal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19367 votes