Ask an expert

13 Sep 2006

too much of one hormone?
My mother just told me that she also had a problem with her hormones when she was young, excessive hair growth due to a problem with her ovaries or something. i think i may have inherited it which may be this PCOS. Please advise whether i should go to a gynae or a dermatologist as its the hair growith and my fertility i am worried about.
Answer 345 views

01 Jan 0001

You should see a gynaecologist.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20280 votes