Ask an expert

05 Apr 2004

Vaginal infection treatment

I suspect that I might have a vaginal infection - I experience itching, a yellow-brownish discharge and a fishy odour. Are there any over the counter medication (a cream, for instance) that I can buy at the pharmacy without consulting a doctor?

Answer 467 views

01 Jan 0001

These symptoms are not typical of thrush, which can be treated with over the counter creams. Other infections need a diagnosis by a doctor and a prescription for antibiotics.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.