Ask an expert

14 Aug 2007

Vaginal Reconstruction
Hallo Gynaedoc,

I had a Gyneacologist that I used to go to for more than 12 years. But he just suddenly left to stay in Canada.
I always wanted to have a vaginal reconstruction (I think that is what it's called) because when I gave birth to my second child the Doctor (previous doctor), cut me so badly. It looks aweful and I feel very self conscious. I am very wide. Even my lips are out.

Do you know if a plastic Surgeon does these operations? And if not, can I go to a Gyneacologist?

Where and how do I find somebody who can do this?

Answer 337 views

01 Jan 0001

This would be done by a gynaecologist. There may be someone ho has taken over your doctor's practice, or you could ask your GP to refer you.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19322 votes