Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
24 Apr 2003
Over the last few months I have noticed a bad smell from my vagina, although I don't have discoloured or excessive discharge. I have also developed a weak bladder over this time and wondered if the smell is maybe caused by slight bladder leaks, but I'm beginning to think that is not the case as I am beginning to control my bladder a bit better. Are both these symptoms caused by the same problem? Do I have an STD? I have tried treatments for yeast infections and they have not worked, although I don't think it is that because i'm not itchy.
It does not sound like you have a bladder infection. It may well be that some urine leakage is responsible for the smell. You should see a doctor to determine the reason for the bladder problem and see what treatment is necessary.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- OPINION | Pilgrimage in a pandemic: Lessons from Mecca on containing Covid-19
- WHO to restart Covid trial to test if three existing drugs can save lives of hospitalised patients
- 'It was hell' - daughter of KwaSizabantu preacher speaks out about abusive childhood
- ANALYSIS | Cyril Ramaphosa's fight against corruption can't be taken seriously while budgets are cut
- DA up in arms over police deployment in Cape crime hotspots
- EXPLAINER | Why SAA receivership doesn't need to be solvent
- Only 27% of Western Cape residents over 60 have registered for Covid-19 vaccination
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20292 votes