Ask an expert

11 May 2004

Want to get pregnant-where to start
My husband and i have been having unprotected sex for 14months now and nothing has happened.I hae never used birthcontrol pills in my life.Im 22 and he is 28.Where shuold we go from here.What types of tests has to be done first.Is infertillity more prone in males or females? Who hould go see a docter fisrt?me or him? May the fact that his sperm always seeps out of my vagina also have an efect?Is this due to low sperm count or imobile sperm?pls help where should we start?
Answer 319 views

01 Jan 0001

It is normal for sperm to run out of the vagina. Enough will get in to result in pregnancy if all is normal. You should both go together for further tests. Your husband would need a sperm count and you would be checked for ovulation and also your tubes will be assessed to see whether they are not blocked.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.