Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Apr 2004
what is going on down there??
hello, today i looked at my vagina in the mirror and i saw dry flaky skin a bit on my vagina lips right by the pubic hair and quite a lot of dry skin between my vagina and anus... i have no idea what could cause this do you know what it could be , im worried it is some std is it possible?? what std causes dry flaky skin ?? if it is normal what can i use to treat it .. is there some kind of cream i can use?? thank you i have also had quite a heavy discharge which is not normal for me but it has gone away now , also i saw a couple of red dots around my vagina.. what could that be??
It could be an infection but, without seeing it, I cannot make a diagnosis. I would suggest that you see your doctor.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- PODCAST | HIV unmuted: Aids and the elusive vaccine
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets under way countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- OPINION | Berry lekker: How urban foraging is one way to help feed SA's hungry
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule ties ANC's hands
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20349 votes