Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
25 Oct 2008
Worried im pregnant
i have had the Mirana in for 2 years & every month i get symptoms of my period break outs on my face, bloated, tender breasts, and of course my period which lasts 7 days. now my question is if i have had them every month since i put the mirana in is it possible for it to just stop! i have not had any symptoms like i usually do for 2 months now and i have done a home pregnancy test and it said negative.... but could it be the mirana doing its job or could i possibly be pregnant?
The symptoms can stop. If you have had periods and the pregnancy test is negative, pregnancy would be very unlikely.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Covid-19: The latest science and developments on vaccines
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
- Ralph Mathekga | Madikizela qualification scandal: Rather don't lie
- Patty politics: How RocoMamas' tiff with a small business over a name could backfire
- Proteas and T20 World Cup: Time for loyalty, team building has arrived
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 20000 votes