Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
07 Jan 2010
YAZ OR NORDETTE???
I was for 14 years on Nordette, which was fine for me, my baby is now 2 and a half and I stopped breastfeeding because of my skin problems and my hormones which was bad. My doctor put me on Yaz, for my skin and also because there is no weight gain (I was one of those lucky ones which gained weight while breastfeeding) well I am trying to loose those weight now, joined Curves but I am getting breakthrough bleeding with Yaz, not much but it is still there. No weight gain and my skin cleared up. I just want to know if it maybe be best if I use Nordette again because I had no side effects, it is cheaper but I am so scared I will put on weight or my skin will breakout again. I' ve lost almost 4 kilo' s and are 3 months on Yaz, would you please give me some advice. Thanks
I can't say whether you will have problems if you go back to Nordette. You will only know if you try it. Both are good Pills.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Strict public health measures associated with lower Covid-19 cases and deaths
- Anxiety around illness in childhood and adolescence can become chronic
- Lockdown dramatically increased stress levels and loss of sleep in mothers
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule suspension: Cue the battle of the ANC branches
- Taxpayers will foot the bill while ANC MPs 'step aside'
- Damian dilemma: Why Willemse is key to Stormers breaking duck
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9469 votes
68% - 20241 votes