Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
08 Apr 2003
HI.IF U HAVE SHINGLES AND THEY KEEP ON COMING BACK EVERY TIME,IS THERE A CURE FOR THEM?
We need to find out if it is shingles or if it is herpes. It is very unusual for shingles to recur. In the case of shingles as well as herpes, it is imperative that patients see their doctor as soon as possible for one of the anti-herpetic drugs. The dosage for herpes zoster is much higher than for herpes simplex. But for both of these conditions there is no cure.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- Moderna’s experimental booster shot protects against variants first discovered in SA and Brazil
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- Sifiso Skenjana | If government wants our trust, getting the budget right is a good start
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20213 votes