Ask an expert

02 Oct 2006

coccyx hurts all the time
hi there..
4 years ago i hurt my coccyx and a few days later landed up in hospital and had to have an op, becos some "mucus" was leaking out of a hole in my lower back.
last year i had cortisone injections in my coccyx, but did not help and today i'm still suffering with this pain..
do you know wat i can do ?
i don't have money either to see a doctor unless they HAVE a solution for my prob..
Answer 368 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear Tazz
I do suggest you see an orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in backs. You need a thorough physical examination and x-rays and maybe other tests to get to the bottom of your problem. If you have a Provincial Hospital nearby it will be much cheaper and contrary to popular belief, the doctors there really know what they are doing. You may have to wait longer than in private practice, but it will be much cheaper. The choice is up to you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.