Ask an expert

16 Sep 2011

heriditary hearing problems
My mother and i have calcium growths in our ears. She had a surgery where they cut her ear canal and placed a metal piece between the area they cut. She sneezed and the metal came loose and she was deaf again. I would like to know if they have a way of getting rid of the calcium without damaging my ear?
Answer 400 views
Hearing management
Hearing Care

01 Jan 0001

Hi Terri!

It is imperative to visit an Ear Nose and Throat {ENT} specialist to help advise you accordingly upon appropriate consultation. Your mom could visit an Audiologist who would work in conjunction with an ENT specialist to try and assist her further.

Kind regards,
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.