Ask an expert

25 Sep 2007

income protection
income protection is a farce. i have a policy through FMI which is supposed to give me income protection for 2 years BUT what they dont tell you is that the money gets paid to your employer and he doesnt have to pay it over to you, he can do what he wants with the money. I have been booked off work permanently ( i have grade 4 cancer and am in a lot of pain) but refuse to go off because my boss has mad it clear he is not going to pay any of the cash over to me, so i cancellled the claim and when i find it impossible to work any more i will resign and he wont get a cent. what a miserable sod, all i want is to enjoy the few months i have left.
Answer 308 views
Labour lawyer
Labour Lawyer

01 Jan 0001

We are not insurance experts. It would be worthwhile contacting an independent broker so that they can investigate this properly for you.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.