Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Feb 2006
Need to get my Lungs inorder after Years of Smoking?
I've been an achiever through out my schooling years doing 100meters as well as 200 meters. Since I started smoking things went bad.I want to start running again, I feel I have been born with a talent and would like to continue running."HOW DO I GET MY LUNGS READY? HOW WILL I KNOW MY LUNGS WILL NOT BE DAMAGED THROUGH OUT THE TRAINING? WHAT KIND OF EXERCISE DOES MY LUNGS NEED?PLEASE HELP!!
Please post to exercise doc. In essence you should stop smoking. For a short while you may have some coughing and increased phlegm production. will stop. A gradual start to an exercise programme should follow with gradual build up. Good luck!
- Blood type A may increase Covid-19 risk, study finds
- Four Covid-related skin complaints everyone should look out for
- Ivermectin doesn't speed recovery in people with mild Covid-19, new study finds
- Seven tips for choosing healthier drinks, and avoiding that hangover
- Tailored diets are essential for mental health, according to new research
- Police minister to 'seek clarity' on claims News24 journalist 'bugged' - under surveillance
- Ralph Mathekga | Mkhwebane inquiry: Where does the loyalty of the ANC caucus lie?
- North West intervention: 'Let's not mention names' - committee chair tells MPs
- EXTRACT | The Profiler Diaries: South African serial murderer
- Competition Commission wants company to pay a penalty for allegedly overcharging SAPS for masks
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19464 votes