Ask an expert

14 Mar 2010

Flat foot
I have a problem, I have a flat foot and now its giving me problems, i''m not comfortable in many shoes and I get a pain when I walk a long distance. Can you please help.
Answer 438 views
Orthopaedic Specialist Forum
Orthopaedic Specialist Forum

01 Jan 0001

Dear Siphiwo,

You must see a podiatrist to make good shoe inserts (arch supports) to raise the arches of the feet- those can usually help significantly to relieve the discomfort of flat feet.

Dr de Beer
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20291 votes