Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Nov 2008
10 month old not crawling
This is my first time chatting. Pls can I have some urgent advise. My baby girl will be 10 months on the 15th and she is not crawling. She is showing no interest in crawling. She does not mind being on her stomach but that is about it. She more bum shuffles. She is trying to pull her self up to the standing position. I think she is more interested in walking than crawling. Anybody already been through this. Should I be worried? I have heard that it is a bad thing if babies miss the crawling stage. Why?? My little boy crawled at 8 and half months and walked at 9 months so never really had this problem. Your advise would be greatly appreciated as I am really worried.
Is this question for the paediatrician or for 'anybody' to answer? If you would like the paediatrician to answer please let me know.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- How Taiwan beat Covid-19 – new study reveals clues to its success
- Why do children fare better than adults when infected with SARS-CoV-2? What latest research says
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- ANALYSIS | As Zimbabwe observes its independence anniversary, is there much to celebrate?
- Ofentse Mokwena | Time to revisit the levy that is fuelling motorists' ire
- Jabulani Sikhakhane | Political greed is the biggest fire to put out
- Cape Town fire: UCT working on urgent safety plan to prevent future fire hazards
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20008 votes