Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
14 Jul 2011
14 Month old
Good Day doctor, long story short. My 14 month old son has been battling with recurrant chest infections. He is on Flixotide, combivent, singulair and avamyst. The last one has now lasted more than a month even after being hospitalised. His nose is is runny, a little thick and green, ( he is on antibiotics) he does have grommits but this morning watery greenish pus has started draining from the one ear. What does this mean?? He has undergone so many test but they dont seem to find the problem to what is causing his illnesses. he had RSV 2 months ago but was now negative. He has had bad chest infections since he was 3 months old. One question, if he sleeps on feather pillow that is covered with a pillow protector, could this still trigger possable allergies and these infections?
You have given an excellent description of your son's problems. I suspect that he has a post-nasal drip problem probably due to him having enlarged adenoids. His ear infection also suggests that his adenoidal infection is the main cause of his problem. Another question is whether your baby son attends a creche as his repeated infections suggest that this may be a significant problem as well.For a start your little son should be seen by an ENT specialist ASAP.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
- INTERVIEW | New interim SAA CEO wants to make the airline something SA can 'be proud of'
- DearSA gears up for legal tussle with Dlamini-Zuma over compensation scheme
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19987 votes