Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 Aug 2007
14 month old still do not sleep through
My daughter is 14 months old and still do not sleeping through at night. She was diagnosed as being lactose intolerant at 6 weeks and she suffers from eczema on her face. She has been drinking Info Soy from 6 weeks. At first we thought that she was waking up during the night being hungry, but she is now at a stage whereby she doesn’t want anything to drink. She will be waking up during the night moaning and crying and crawling around in the cot. We occasionally have to nubilise her with Adrenaline and Polmacort when she gets a cold. Further more we try not to give her any medication. Any suggestions to get her to sleep through will be appreciated.
Eczema causes severe itching especially at night which often keeps children awake. Make sure that her eczema is treated so that her rash is not troublesome. If necessary ask your GP or paediatrician to give her an anti-itch medicine such as the antihistamine Aterax syrup.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- 'You can never take a break': Workers speak on SA's grim Covid-19 anniversary
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19413 votes