Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Feb 2010
22mnth old not sleeping
Dear Doc. My daughter is 22months old and still wakes up at least twice a night for a milk (cows milk) feed can go up to 4 times a night. She eats all her food at the daymother during the day and sometimes battle to feed her in the evenings at home. My dr. recommended that I try and give her water at night for 5 nights - don' t work she still wakes up for the bottles of water. Last night she woke up about 1:40 and only went back to sleep at 2:30(first time it takes her so long to go back to sleep - she was crying). Do they dream or have nightmares? Hope you can help!
The probable reason for your daughter waking every night is due to a habit and possibly also the fact that she gets a bonus amount of attention when she is awake for long periods. If she is in her own room she may like to have a small nighlight in her room at night. The only way to stop this habit is to decide whether you want to use the controlled crying method.You need to have strong nerves but it will work.Read more on this site or look on Google.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- OPINION | Pilgrimage in a pandemic: Lessons from Mecca on containing Covid-19
- WHO to restart Covid trial to test if three existing drugs can save lives of hospitalised patients
- Magashule set to apologise, 'but with strings attached' - sources
- Mkhize's 3rd wave warning: 'He knows we will end up with trauma and suffering again'
- Steinhoff vows to 'vigorously defend' settlement proposal in wake of liquidation bid
- There is no basis 'to ask for a postponement of the elections' - IEC chair
- 20 years later: Pick n Pay’s failed retail pharmacy strategy
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20292 votes