Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
24 Aug 2007
7 Month old always sick
My baby has been a very sick child since birth, he still has colic and has always had a problem with his nose, it is always blocked/runny, when he was born he swollowed some amnotic fluid and I was told that this will cause some problems when he is older. He was admitted to hospital about 3 weeks ago and they found out that he has the RS Virus. I took him to a Paed again yesturday (23/8/2007) and was given the same drops as what 4 other doctors give me for his nose, they all give me iliadine, Salex and Chamiflor Ocean they seem to work for a couple of days and there after I sit with the same problem of having a baby with a blocked/runny nose, when his nos is blocked he does not drink his bottles and this causes major problems with his sleep and play routine. Is there something that I can use to help with the blocked nose and that will keep it problem free for longer than a month at least.
It is possible that your baby is allergic to his cow's milk formula. Try him on a soya formula and see if this makes a difference. Only use the Salex nose drops and stop all the other nose drops as they can aggravate his nose problems.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Christo Wiese: Don't blame SA prosecutors for slow pace of 'extremely complicated' Steinhoff probe
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19424 votes