Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Sep 2008
My son is 7 months he suffers from constipation now i check his hole it has some piece of meat that seem to grow and it does not seem sore or affecting hiw weight or eating could it be piles or something serious?
This is not due to piles but could be due to a protrusion of the last part of the bowel through the anus. This is known as rectal prolapse. Please ask your doctor to see him or take him to the paediatric out patients department of your nearest hospital.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- Why do children fare better than adults when infected with SARS-CoV-2? What latest research says
- Cape Town fire: UCT working on urgent safety plan to prevent future fire hazards
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
- Gwede Mantashe, Thandi Modise not keen on parliamentary oversight committee on Presidency
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20003 votes