Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
26 Sep 2011
Cape Town Weather
PRof. with the weather in cape town changing so drastically daily as it has been literally from a stunning summer''s day of 26 - 30 degrees to the very next day 18 degrees does this affect allergies and the rate children get sick? Is there a way to handle this that you could suggest? Also when in doubt in the morning and dressing your child for creche this time of year and you not sure houw the weather is going ot turn out would you suggest dressing the toddler/ pre-schooler warmly or rather too cool like thin long sleeved T? Does the getting too hot and sweating and then getting a breeze over them (or a draught) really make them sick or would they surely have to have had a virus lurking in the first place?
You are right about the weather changes and even more so with the temperature changes that have been happening lately.Children are remarkably resilient and hardly seem to notice cold or heat. Dress your children as the morning temperature and weather seems to suggest the day is going to turn out. Send a jersey along in case it gets colder later.It is really the presence of any one child at the creache who is carrying a virus infection and just how infectious that particular virus is that is going to determine if your children will become infected or remain healthy. Give your children a good immune booster regularly such as Creche Guard.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Lockdowns can reduce the severity of Covid-19 epidemics – and genetic evidence proves it
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- How to actually fix a lost voice, according to science (hint: lemon and honey doesn’t work)
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- New African Bank CEO is 'back to complete the unfinished business of transformation in SA banking'
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes