Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Dec 2004
My son is 4 months old. We will be visiting our inlaws in the Northern Transvaal on Friday. We have been told that because it is so hot, there are a lot of Mosquitos. Do I need to get medication for the baby before we leave, or an injection. Please advise.
I am sorry to answer this too late. If it is a malaria invested area the advice would be to protect against malaria. otherwise normal measures to prevent mosquito bites would be sufficient.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Sahpra did not approve the Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine - the regulator highlighted a major concern
- Sahpra says no to Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine - for now
- Standing on one leg is a sign of good health – and practising is good for you too
- SA teens are in line to be vaccinated: What you need to know
- What to know about the mRNA Covid vaccines and risk of heart inflammation in children
- News24's Out of Order index: Which party runs the best municipalities?
- DA, student organisation to haul Stellenbosch University to court over its language policy
- ‘The enemy is not foreigners, but govt's failure to realise we need borders' - ActionSA
- INTERVIEW | Calgro M3 rebounds as demand surges for its memorial parks
- Western Cape detectives face lack of training in dealing with domestic violence
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
30% - 9687 votes
70% - 23030 votes