Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Nov 2008
My son is 5 months old and I have started him on rice cereal last week. He has since become constipated. He is on infasoy and I have a feeling it is the increased amount of iron and soya in the cereal and formula that is causing this problem. Is there any other cereals that I can try or must I start with a veggie. I have heard of baby oatmeal, but afraid it will be too heavy for his digestive system.
Try a maize cereal and see if your baby's constipation problem disappears.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Covid-19: The latest science and developments on vaccines
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Wandile Sihlobo | Africa is not a good maize export market right now - here's why
- The novelty of Covid-19: Will it force insurers to hike prices or treat survivors differently?
- EXPLAINER | Chief Justice, SARS and NPA: A timeline of unsolved burglaries
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19997 votes