Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Feb 2010
my 14 month old had her measels injection when she was 9months. all the kids at her school are now getting measels and coxsuckievirus. some are even in the hospital. i have taken her out of the school for now untill it all blows over. can she get measels even if she had her injection and how serious is coxsuckievirus for her? i am 19w pregnant so i dont want her to get ill and expose my pregnancy to such danger.
Your daughter has been immunised aginst measles and should be protected against getting measles. She is not protected against the coxsackie virus and can certainly catch this virus. As you are pregnant it would definitely be best for you not to take any chances.I agree that your daughter should be taken out of school until these epidemics are over.
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Questions about stability of Covid-19 platform on Day 1 of second phase vaccinations
- THE ESKOM FILES | Coming home to roost: How big business helped fund Eskom exec’s chicken farm
- Karyn Maughan | After demanding his trial start, will Zuma finally plead to the case against him?
- 'Illegitimate' royal council plans to loot Balobedu funds, ANC MP Mathole Motshekga claims
- Adriaan Basson | Tata ma chance, tata ma Covid-19 vaccines
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20312 votes