Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
12 Oct 2006
At 3 months my baby had an IGE test and her levels were at 12 which the paediatrician said was elevated. There is a history of eczema in our family. The paed suggested that I used annique rooibos products for her skin and if it becomes really dry i should use and Emulsifying base and mylocort for the aggravated area. She is now almost 5 months and her skin has worsened, she is constantly scratching at her head and it is very flaky. She is currently teething and is drooling alot, so her below her chin is constantly inflamed and she has a red band of skin. On her chest she has little pimples because of the drool. We have to change her bib every hour to ensure that her chin stays dry but this is not really effective. What can I use for her skin because she is always scratching and pulling at her skin.
This is not eczema but is a condition called seborrhoeic dermatitis.Her IgE is not very much raised and I doubt if she is an allergic baby.Go back to your doctor or to a paediatric dermatologist and inform them of the diagnosis.Read up more on Google.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- Moderna’s experimental booster shot protects against variants first discovered in SA and Brazil
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
- SA's 'global influence' shown in US Covid-19 vaccine IP waiver, Ramaphosa says
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20213 votes