Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Oct 2008
My boy had eczema since he was 3 months, he' s now 8 months, allergy tests were done and it turned out he was allergic to milk, soya, egg white, wheat, peanuts & we' ve been trying to eliminate all those in his diet & got Infantiforte, all this seemed to help & his skin was clearing out, now he' s getting the eczema on his hands & back of his knees, the face doesn' t seem to be a problem anymore. What can I do to help eleviate his pain as he scratches his hands so much that he ends up bleeding?
Your baby's eczema is worsening despite your best efforts. The best treatment for his present problem especially as his hands are now involved is the use of wet wraps. You need to be taught how to use this very simple and effective technique. You should take your son to be seen by a Paediatric allergist and request the use of wet wraps. There are experts in all the main centres. If you have difficulty finding one write in again and I will recommend someone in your area.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- How Taiwan beat Covid-19 – new study reveals clues to its success
- Cape Town fire: UCT working on urgent safety plan to prevent future fire hazards
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
- Gwede Mantashe, Thandi Modise not keen on parliamentary oversight committee on Presidency
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20005 votes