Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Sep 2008
2 days ago, my 20 month old daughter started getting lots of sleep coming out of her eyes and I have to wipe out a lot of it every 2 hours. Her eyes also went from bright white to a dull gray color and the veins are also visible. I noticed yesterday that she started to squint her eyes as if she' s trying to see properly. She' ll be seeing a doctor soon but what can I do in the mean time and what could the problem be?
Your little girl has developed an eye infection. You should ask your pharmacist for treatment for her eyes. It is best to use Chloramphenicol eye drops or ointment.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Covid-19: The latest science and developments on vaccines
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- The novelty of Covid-19: Will it force insurers to hike prices or treat survivors differently?
- EXPLAINER | Chief Justice, SARS and NPA: A timeline of unsolved burglaries
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Eben Etzebeth's uncanny knack of being fit for Boks
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19996 votes