Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Oct 2008
My daughter had grommets inserted on the 1 April 2008, just by chance this morning I noticed something that looks like the grommet on the bed. I looked in her ear and realised that one of the grommets had fallen out, How soon after the grommet falling out do I have to take her back to the ENT to have the grommets replaced.
Grommets are designed to fall out usually after about 3 months. There is no need to see the ENT specialist again unless you have any particular concerns about your daughter's ears.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Covid-19: The latest science and developments on vaccines
- EXPLAINER | Chief Justice, SARS and NPA: A timeline of unsolved burglaries
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Eben Etzebeth's uncanny knack of being fit for Boks
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19996 votes