Ask an expert

02 May 2004

I would, out of interest, like to know what the treatment for a harelip and cleft palate is. How many operations are normally necessary, and at what age(s) do these operations need to be performed?
Answer 351 views
childhood diseases

01 Jan 0001

Unfortunately I am not a orofacial surgeon and these cases can be very complex. If you do not have a trusting relationship with your current doctor the best would be to ask for a second opinion, because there is quite a long way ahead that you will have to travel toghethter. You may also ask for advice at your nearest academic hospital.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.