Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Apr 2003
My baby boy has a bit of ecsema befind a knees and some small patches in various places over his body. I have been to the doctor who gave me the cream Elocon to rub on. Is there anything else that I can get for him to alleviate this problem?
Eczematous rashes are very common in babies. The most important treatment is to limit exposure to any irritants/allergens by double rinsing the clothes etc. and to keep the involved skin moist by frequently applying aqeous cream. Steroid creams/ointment will help in severe cases, but this needs to be applied only when needed and as prescribed by your doctor. If the problem deteriorates, all possible sources of allergy exposure need to be examined together with a structured treatment approach.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Espresso, Americano, or decaf? Desire for a particular coffee driven by genetic code
- Some people in the US will take the Covid-19 vaccine if they're paid for it – but is this ethical?
- Mkhize's 3rd wave warning: 'He knows we will end up with trauma and suffering again'
- There is no basis 'to ask for a postponement of the elections' - IEC chair
- 20 years later: Pick n Pay’s failed retail pharmacy strategy
- Report shows how Covid-19 has changed the face of employment in SA
- Melanie Verwoerd | Eish! What is Ace up to?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20284 votes