Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Sep 2007
milk allergic & eye infection
My 2 year old son has always had a bad cough and has always drooled a lot. milk products and soya makes his chest worse so i have taken him off all milk an soya products. he also has a runny eye, could it be because of allergies? also, is the drooling a sign that something is wrong?
Drooling is normal at his age. The running eye is not due to allergy but may be due to an eye infection. Try Chloramphenicol eye ointment twice a day for 5 days. If his eye does not clear up ask a doctor to see him.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Immune response in some Covid-19 patients different to those in other respiratory viruses - study
- Local govt elections: IEC to meet with political parties 'sometime this month'
- Crime Intelligence: Night of the long knives sees Peter Jacobs fall
- No 'concrete' evidence judges were bribed to favour Zuma, Dlodlo tells Parliament
- Local Covid-19 discovery may lead to better global vaccine development
- Why healthcare staff working in clinics are being turned away from vaccination sites in Eastern Cape
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19387 votes