Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
08 Feb 2010
How do I treat mouth ulcers in my 18month old' s mouth,It has spread to his lips also now and he cannot eat cause it hurts too much.
This is an illness caused by a virus called herpes stomatitis. This may lead to your child becoming dehydrated if he cannot drink enough because of his painful mouth. He should be seen by a paediatrician or at an emergency paediatric clinic.If you cannot get him seen tonight use Teejel on the ulcers to give him relief from the pain.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Long Covid: How rehabilitation programmes may be needed to get patients back on track
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | We'd be a lot better off if social issues were as important as profit
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20283 votes