Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
29 Jan 2006
My son has had his fair share of bloodtests and still we have no answer as to why all his milestones are delayed. Yet he misses none he usually only reaches them 4-6mths late. His bloodcalsium levels are high aswell as the creatinine was very high. have talked 2 ped about cp and autism has not ruled it out but says it is unlikely. He also have slight dental abnormalities and walks as if his muscles are to tight. Have done some research on Williams Syndrome and waiting for fesults on FISH probe for it. Has some caracteristics of WS but not all. Do you know of anything else it can be, what special treatment would he have 2 go for if this is the prognosis?
I suggest that you have him seen by a geneticist or initially write to the genetics expert on Heath24.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Blood type A may increase Covid-19 risk, study finds
- Four Covid-related skin complaints everyone should look out for
- Best evidence on Covid-19 vaccines, immunity and whether the virus will become endemic or seasonal
- Seven tips for choosing healthier drinks, and avoiding that hangover
- Ivermectin doesn't speed recovery in people with mild Covid-19, new study finds
- Police minister to 'seek clarity' on claims News24 journalist 'bugged'
- Ralph Mathekga | Mkhwebane inquiry: Where does the loyalty of the ANC caucus lie?
- North West intervention: 'Let's not mention names' - committee chair tells MPs
- Brian Molefe: I have no regrets that I knew the Guptas
- Reprimand or worse? What could happen if Mogoeng fails to retract 'brazenly defiant' Israel comments
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19468 votes