Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
25 Feb 2010
My son fell off my bed
Please help. My 18 month old son was sitting on my bed (which is very high) as I turned my head I heard bang. He was lying on the floor, flat on his back against the draws under my bed. It sounded like he first hit my wrought iron table than the floor. He screamed for about 10 mins. I picked him up & checked that was no marks on him. He just kept touching his head. He is at homw with my Mother in law. She said that he is acting fine. I am so stupid..... Should I take my son to the hospital for a check up? Please can you tell me what to look out for?
I am sure that you had a big fright when your baby fell off your bed. Fortunately in most cases babies are not badly hurt when they fall off a bed onto the floor.Of concern here is that your baby also appears to have hit head on an iron table. He does not appear to have any obvious injuries and from what you say here and he is behaving normally.The danger signs are: vomiting, food refusal, excessive drowsiness and sleeping for longer than usual.If you are in the slightest bit worried about your baby please take him to be seen by your doctor or nearest emergency paediatric clinic.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- THE ESKOM FILES | Flashy Eskom exec 'still owes us about a million bucks' says Pretoria builder
- US support on Covid-19 vaccine patents: This is how it happened
- SATURDAY PROFILE | From South Sudan to SA: One man's journey from being called a spy to becoming a doctor
- Late interim leader’s son Misuzulu named Zulu king
- Did 'Vermeulen 4 Vunipola 0' influence Lions' selection shock?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20217 votes