Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Jan 2006
HALLO DOCTOR, MY BABY IS 5.5 MONTHS OLD, ON SATURDAY SHE STARTED GETTING THESE RED SPOTS OVER HER BODY, ALMOST LIKE SHE IS ALERGIC TO SOMETHING, I TOOK HER TO THE HOSPITAL THEY SAY IT MIGHT BE OFF GRASS, SHE WAS ON GRASS FOR 1 MINUTE BUT HER WHOLE BODY IS FULL OF THESE HUGE RES SPOTS. THEY HAVE THIS WHITE CENTRE, ALMOST LIKE AN MISQUETO BIT JUST ALOT BIGGER, EVERYEVENING IT WILL APEAR LIKE BUMPS. I WENT ON THE INTERNET AND LOOKS LIKE NETTLERASH AS THE PICTURES SHOW. SHE DOES NOT HAVE FEVER OR NOT CRYING SHE IS STILL HAPPY, SHOULD I BE WORRIED MORE OF HOW LONG CAN THIS BE ON HER SKIN BEFORE IT DISSAPEAR? THERE IS NOW CHANGE THAT WE MADE IN HER FORMULA NO CHANGES IN FOOD NOTHING, THE ONLY THING THAT I CAN THINK OFF IS THAT I WAS GIVEN MEDICATION WITH PENASILIN IN LAST WEEK FOR BRONCHITIS AND I AM STILL BREASFEEDING, CAN THIS HAVE AN AFFECT?
This rash is called urticaria. She certainly can be allergic to the penicillin you are taking. She will clear up rapidly if you give her an antihistamine called phenergan. Ask your pharmacist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
- REFLECTION | Covid-19: How the basic education dept weathered the Covid-19 storm
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19408 votes