Ask an expert

01 Aug 2007

pigeon toes in 3 year old
My 3 year old has been inverting her right foot since walking. My pediatrician adviced me to wait untill she turns 3 to addres this problem, and stated that there is no muscular problems. She turned 3 recently, and I would like to know whom I shuld consult...a pediatrician, a foot specialist or an orthopedic specialist....
Answer 336 views
childhood diseases

01 Jan 0001

Pigeon toeing is very common in children especially when they first start walking. When this persists at 3 years then it is time to get a professional opinion. It is best to see an orthopaedic specialist who sees children. Ask your paediatrician to refer you to the right person.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9365 votes
67% - 19350 votes