Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Jan 2010
questions - 11 month baby
my baby girl will be 11 months next week. what is she suppose to be eating now? she has baby cereal in the morning, just with 100ml milk. lunch she has yoghurt and supper, she is fussy with her veggies. i still have to mash them, or she makes herself sick and then she doesnt want to eat further. she drinks her formula through the day. she finishes 250ml milk through the night, she doesnt sleep through, she cries and wants her milk. she doesnt drink water, tea or juice. she has 4 teeth, got them from 9 months. she slept through from 7 weeks and then from about 7 months, she started waking up during the night. she is a happy baby in the day. then, is it bad for her teeth, to fall asleep with a milk bottle at night? would you PLEASE help me?
Your little baby should be having a wider range of solids by now.Please see www.babynet.co.za for advice. Many babies still prefer mashed food at this age.She does not seem to be drinking enough milk in the day and may well get hungry during the night which may be the reason why she wakes up so regularly.Do not let her fall asleep with her bottle in her mouth as this sometimes can lead to ear infections.She still needs her milk at her age.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Rare neurological condition linked to Covid infection in 21 countries
- THE ESKOM FILES | Flashy Eskom exec 'still owes us about a million bucks' says Pretoria builder
- US support on Covid-19 vaccine patents: This is how it happened
- SATURDAY PROFILE | From Sudan to SA: One man's journey from being called a spy to becoming a doctor
- Late interim leader’s son Misuzulu named Zulu king
- Did 'Vermeulen 4 Vunipola 0' influence Lions' selection shock?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20218 votes