Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
01 Feb 2010
runny tummy please help
hi Doc, my son is 18 months and has a diarhea since Sunday. I took him to the GP on Monday, she prescribed dehydrants which he does drink but he still has a runny tummy though its not as frequent. He now has bum rash,which i think is caused by watery poo. He does eat. When is this going to stop? When do i take him to the Paed? Another thing, his last set of toofies is coming out. Thank you Doc
This is not due to teething. At your son's age an important cause is toddlers diarrhoea which is often due to too much fruit and fruit juice in the diet.Stop all fruit juice.The nappy rash often occurs for the same reason.Keep on with the Electrolyte solution such as Rehidrat giving your son frequent sips of this solution. Apply Bepanthen nappy cream after each nappy change.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- OPINION | Pilgrimage in a pandemic: Lessons from Mecca on containing Covid-19
- WHO to restart Covid trial to test if three existing drugs can save lives of hospitalised patients
- Magashule set to apologise, 'but with strings attached' - sources
- Mkhize's 3rd wave warning: 'He knows we will end up with trauma and suffering again'
- Steinhoff vows to 'vigorously defend' settlement proposal in wake of liquidation bid
- There is no basis 'to ask for a postponement of the elections' - IEC chair
- 20 years later: Pick n Pay’s failed retail pharmacy strategy
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20292 votes