Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Nov 2011
Stomach Pain in 5 year old.
Good day, my 5 almost 6 year old daughter complains now mostly in the morning for the last few weeks about stomach pain. All she has consumed is apple or litchi(watered down) juice in the morning before we leave for creche. I do not know what the cause can be. Some time she complains in the evening too. What cam i do as i dont want to just put her on antibiotics for everything. Is there any way of trying to eliminate cause in any way?
It is difficult to be sure about your little girl's tummy pain without being able to examine her.Does she complain about this pain at weekends as well or is it only a complaint the happens when she has to go to the creche in the morning. Very commonly this kind of pain has a psychological cause. Having said this, there are of course other possible causes such as a urinary sytem infection for example. If you don't think that your daughter's tummy ache is likely to be due to her being unhappy at the creche or some other possible psychological cause, then she should be seen by your doctor so that a proper diagnosis can be made of the cause of her tummy ache.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Covid-19 infection indoors: This app can tell you how long it will take to catch the virus
- Scientists warn against videos alleged to be showing adverse Covid-19 vaccine side effects
- Zama Ndlovu | How men with money are ruining politics for the rest of us
- Sifiso Ntombela | SA needs 'inclusive agricultural growth', but what does that mean?
- EXPLAINER | What we know about the day the Coka brothers were killed on an Mpumalanga farm
- INTERVIEW | PSG’s Mouton on executive pay: 'The greatest CEOs, you cannot pay enough'
- Green light for Hlophe participation in Western Cape High Court interviews after Winde agrees to attend
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20025 votes