Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
25 Jan 2006
wants to sleep with us
my 2 yr old daughter wants to sleep in out bed. She only will go to sleep in my bed or in my lap. I have tried reading stories and sitting in her room (which took hours and still no luck) tried laying in her floor. It doesnt work. I can let her fall asleep with us in our bed and the times i dont end up going to sleep also I will pick her up and lay her in her bed and she will sleep alone for maybe 2-4 hrs and eventually wake up crying and come into our room. We was doing great with her schedule but it seems to have turned for the worse since our vacation.. that was 5 months ago and it started there we let her sleep with us when we rented a house for a wk!!!!!! even with daytime naps in falling asleep in my lap or next to me...I have also tried putting favorite movies on and letting her lay in bed to fall asleep which she has a few times(more naps than bed time) Can anyone help?
This often happens when routine is interupted. You will have to have lots of patience with her but you must not allow her to sleep in your bed. Your husband must help you and take his turn to put her to bed. Make her room a happyand secure place for her.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Move to Level 1 won't move the dial on growth outlook – economists
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
- State capture: Ramaphosa yet to respond to Brian Molefe claims
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19380 votes